Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Define "Friend"

"Friends. A simple word isn't it? It's uttered everyday to almost every person imaginable. Who are your friends? I used to think that friends were the people that you could laugh and talk to. Now I know that friends aren't that, they're the people that touch ur heart. You could spend hours with them doing nothing at all and it can be the best time of your life, just becuase it was with them. They're the people you can share your secrets with, cry with, laugh with, and just have fun with. They don't judge you or make you change. They accept you exactly as you are. They look at you and they see a great person, one they love spending time with. You all share something in common and are tied together by memories, tears, laughs and smiles. You're tied together by love for the other. Friendship is the strangest but greatest thing in the world. I find my time with my friends, the best times of my life. My friends are my heart, my soul, my fun, my laughter, tears, love and my life." -Kate Tierney

Grabbed the above lines from Zhi Wei's blog! It is so true. Friends, so easy to find: just look at Friendster.com, the amount of friends (>500) some people accumulated after living so long on Earth. But the main question is that, are they truly your frenz or merely just your acquaintances?

The past months are shown me many forms of friendships and the tests we have to go thru to prove the worth of these friendships. It is tough to maintain a frenship, even your close kakis since pri/sec school. 2 very good example is my upper sec buddies: Shi Yun, Alvin, Cher Hao, Madeline, lower sec buddies: Angelina, Shi Ru and Ying Xi. We have gone a long way back and have lasted for 6-8 years already and still counting. We do waver sometimes due to busy schedules and other priorities in life. Disappointments and frustration, trust and love, are part and parcel of maintaining these frenships but it has made our relationships stronger than b4! Oh yes, not to forget my all-time bestie: Loh Han Ping!! Hahaha! 4 years of great and retarded frenship with you, and I'm still loving it! Rock on bro!

I am sorry to my frenz, to those whom I hurt unintentionally with my too-frank comments or with my bad sense of humor (your definition of sarcasm). You know me well enough, I speak what I feel. Its a good and bad thing, but I really tried so hard to think with my brain already. The month of April has shown me some stuff about frenships, I shan't elaborate further. Whatever I say to you guys are not to hurt your feelings or anger you on purpose, but its really my way of showing care and concern to you. Maybe my tone or my words make you misinterpret my intentions, I'm used to these misunderstandings already. Not happy with me, talk to me face to face. I promise I wun scratch your face or scold you like a meanie =) I really do love and care for all of you!

This post is not some stupid public apology, its just a msg to tell all my beloved frenz that I really really dun mean to hurt you physically, emotionally or mentally in any ways. I've made people cry b4, being the 'xiao ren' and being cursed like hell b4, backstabbed a trillion times b4, kana diao by bitches b4, being friendless b4. I go back a long way man... so I better make things clear now, I'm really a nice girl ^^v You wun regret being my fren one =)

No comments: