I'm shocked to hear that UNSW Asia is closing down its Singapore campus so soon! Just 3 months after the 1st batch of students entered, UNSW Asia decides that they have not met the required enrolment numbers and they are giving up after 2 intakes. I'm so thankful to God I din bother to apply for this university last year bcos I had no interest in their BEng Mechanical Engineering course. Check the stories out! http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/278179/1/.html. My poly classmate, Siang Wei was actually in the pioneer batch and now this happens to him. I feel so sorry for you man. UNSW is offering scholarships worth S$22,000 to local students and S$12,000 to foreign students, to help them relocate to the UNSW Australian campus. Seriously speaking, the amount given is meagre; in comparison with the total amount of expenses every foreign student pays for studying in Australia. Pathetic.
Another hot story of the day was the 'tornado' sighted off East Coast. O.o Its actually a water sprout: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/278343/1/.html. It has happened last year, last sighted at Sentosa Island. Well it is quite a normal weather phenomenon due to the recent intense thunderstorms. Well Norfadz had showed me the picture she took from her house, with her hp, and I was very shocked initally. Weird stuff are happening nowadays and I'm not the least surprised anymore.
Time really flies real fast when you are having fun! Managed to find time to catch up with Norfadz at Changi Airport this afternoon, after 7 years! Tried to talk as fast as we could for 2 hours b4 I left for class. She is looking so pretty now =) We forgot to take a picture together, much to our dismay, after I boarded the train. LOL! No worries gal, we try meet on Ying Xi's birthday dinner then we snap away like crazy, alrights? Hahaha! Finally can meet up with my ex-colleagues from Infineon tml ;p Ok, been slacking this week, haben start much on my tutorials yet. Well I'll do them on Monday, its the happening weekend again! Time to sleep, energy reserved for the packed weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment