Went Sentosa with the church youths on Saturday, it was a very warm and cloudless afternoon to begin with. I'm glad I agreed to go in the end when Amos asked me again on Friday night, bcos I figured out that staying home on a Saturday was more pathetic even though I was super lazy. Realised Sentosa was totally revamped, the monorail express was far too small to accommodate all the beach-goers and tourists, got a halfway tan after slapping down loads of sunblock, made some frenz: more 13 years old kids, realised that Elvin Foong is indeed a very outgoing and interesting guy as we were in the same team. We were supposed to play games by walking to different game stations all over the different beaches under the scorching sun! Ended up we lost all the games bcos we just decided to chill out and not be so competitive =) Only managed to take few pics though. I'm starting to like our church people now.
'Treasure Hunt??!'
the so-called "Treasure Island"
Bridge to "Treasure Island"
Pathetic scenery at Sentosa though -.-
Looking for the small puny 'treasures' hidden amongst trash!!
'Trashing people in water' game!!
Setting the rules...
Getting ready...
On your mark.... Get set...
GOOOO!!! Whack arrr................
1 team finally falls into the water =)
I realised some of our youths have the gift to do pastoral care and counselling. Been talking quite abit to Ee Ling and Thiam Siong lately (an interesting couple and always loving God), and we shared many personal experiences together.
I'm glad I met these 2 great youths, and of course there's others too! There's Amos, Simon, Janice, Darren, my disciples and our net group and all the youths in R5/6. I know God has placed me amongst these youths for a purpose; to use my personal experiences to guide them back to where God can help them and to mould their lives in the image of God. Dun sound very chim to understand right? Haha!
So my well-deserved break is over, and this evening its back to class again. I'm feeling excited yet dreadful, all charged up yet lazy. What a stupid contradiction! I still have not played enough yet, but I sure did rested quite alot. I still miss my buddies, ex-colleagues and those 'accidental acquaintances' =D
No comments:
Post a Comment