Saturday, November 29, 2008

Return to Innocence



I had goosebumps when I first saw this video. Haha! This music video is really interesting yet amusing to watch. Return to Innocence by Enigma, as the song title suggests, shows how a dying old man actually lived his life in reverse all the way back to the innocent infant stage. 

I enjoyed the part when the woman stuffed the chicken feathers back into the chicken (since the MV was already in rewind mode) and when the farmers had to put back the fruits onto the trees which they have initially cut off. LOL! Super funny sometimes to watch life go backwards. And, the CG of that running unicorn look super real.

The tune has the aboriginal origin in it, and when I first heard this song, I was kinda transported back into Australia and New Zealand to feel the folk tunes. Very cool stuff. Makes me wanna dance like those tribal people shown on TV documentaries.

And amazingly, the tune was sung by the Taiwanese aboriginal people and they sound really young and powerful, although the couple who sang this tune were in their 60s when it was first recorded. Good eh =P

Eh actually, this blog title could have allowed me to write on more about more realistic human issues, but I guess I better not get started - else there'll be much controversies coming up once again =\ Oh wells, life still have to go on quite harshly, no matter how much you wanna turn back to the innocent times that we had with our family and friends.

Anyway, this folk dancing song entry was meant to share with you guys lah, and for me to de-stress from my work. Ha! I'm not a slacker ok!

Off to John Teh's 21st birthday party (1 month too early to be 21 though) at Orchard area this evening!

OK, below is the lyrics for the above song, quite meaningful especially those words that I've bolded in dark purple =) 

*p/s: Just dun be too innocent, too naive or too stupid. Thank you!

Enjoy people!

Enigma - Return To Innocence lyrics

 
Ami Chant 
That's not the beginning of the end 
That's the return to yourself
 
The return to innocence. 
Love - Devotion 
Feeling - Emotion 

Love - Devotion 
Feeling - Emotion 


Don't be afraid to be weak 
Don't be too proud to be strong 
Just look into your heart my friend 
That will be the return to yourself 

The return to innocence 

If you want, then start to laugh 
If you must, then start to cry 
Be yourself don't hide 

Just believe in destiny 

Don't care what people say 
Just follow your own way 
Don't give up and use the c
hance 
To return to innocence 

That's not the beginning of the end 
That's the return to yourself 
The return to innocence 

Don't care what people say 
Follow just your own way 
Follow just your own way 
Don't give up, don't give up 
To return, to return to innocence. 
If you want then laugh 
If you must then cry 
Be yourself don't hide 
Just believe in destiny. 

No comments: