Life is indeed so unpredictable. We dunno when is the last breath our body wanna take, nor how we will look like when we pass on etc. Sorry if this entry sound so morbid and negative. In the 1st hour of today, I heard 2 bad news relating to lives. Both are related to my secondary school ex-classmates.
Andrew Tham got into a traffic accident: motorbike and taxi. Was flung 20m from his bike and is now in ICU. Thank God there was no pillon rider. Last I heard was neck and back injuries + maybe internal bleeding, will visit him once his condition stabilises.
The other ex-classmate K*, was on his sister. Few days back he announced excitedly on his blog that he was to be an uncle in 9 months time. Yesterday, his sister suffered a sudden miscarriage after complaining of stomach cramps. Medical advice being: the body knows when to stop when the foetus is growing abnormally. Doctor was just mentioning during the checkup that the foetus was indeed growing abnormally. I'm so sorry about her loss but God has better future plans for her.
Apparently, it is said that it was part and parcel of the nature and our body's functions. We dunno when our body will stop functioning well too, we must always take good care of ourselves! Yes, God will heal us but that does not gives us the right to take our good health for granted. All I can pray now is that, both families will continue to be strong in going thru this crisis, physically and emotionally, together with the suffering member now. Dun take life for granted but live it to the fullest!
I was talking to God last night and it felt so good being in His presence once again; after slacking around so much. I was quite saddened by some recent issues happening around me, and I was asking God for advice. Then I saw Ee Ling's sms, ".... God has His special plans for everyone...." It is the divine appointments God has set so as to make things happen, but that does not mean we should slack either. Continue to persevere on in your goals and you will see God's hand moving thru =) You will be marvelled by His works, yet once again!
* initials used to protect identity
*UPDATE: Hey everyone, Andrew Tham is now in serious condition in CGH ICU, after being involved in a traffic accident with a taxi near TM. Details of the accident remains blurry at the moment. Whoever wants to visit him, please take note that visiting hours is from 12-2pm and 5-8pm.
Last I heard from those who visited him today, was that his brain was still swelling and he is still in a coma. Let's continue to pray together for healing and a full functional body for Andrew.
Whoever interested to come along tml afternoon, some of us from SHSS will be there during the lunch hour. SMS me if you coming along.*
No comments:
Post a Comment