The tongue is so small as compared to the other parts of our body, yet it is the most untameable body part. It is so true. It can encourage or discourage people, praise or curse people, speak the truth or gossip and backstab people. Prov 12: 18 "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." After all no1 likes to get hurt by words, but indeed be encouraged.
Thank you Alvin and Thiam Siong for hearing me out this morning. I should have gotten used to this long ago, yet its the people who somewhat know me good enough who actually inflicted this kinda hurt on me. I'm fine after a good cry. No point being upset over some silly comments. After all they are just plain ignorant and bo liao, not taking the initiative to clarify their doubts.
Prov 20:22 "Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the Lord, and He'll deliver you." This is 1 piece of wise advice Thiam Siong gave me. I almost fall, if not for this verse. That's how work politics actually start, 1 colleague sabo another, the latter takes revenge by sabo-ing colleague, then it continues on back and forth. I seen my share in working society over the many years.
Yes, gossip and rumors kill relationships unknowingly. Stay away from such people, its really bad influence to the mind and soul. Prov 20:19 "A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much." This is exactly what I feel about those people now. Confidence in them has indeed been shaken and I ensure a good distance away from them from now on.
Our lips were meant to praise the Lord, to sing of His love and grace and mercy, to share with people how great God is, encourage people with kind words etc. As mentioned so many times in Book of Proverbs, it is wise to always hold back your tongue, only the foolish speaks words tainted with fault. God, I need you to help me forgive and forget these ignorant people's actions!
Many many times, I marvel at how God can tahan people like us, we are always hurting Him with our words and actions and yet love us unconditionally time and again; to the extent of sending His Son to die for our insignificant sins. Indeed a father cares for his child always! I love you too, my Heavenly Father!
No comments:
Post a Comment