Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Leap Years

EDITED: 

Rating: 3 outta 5 stars!

I finally watched The Leap Years. It didn't make me shed a single tear, rather surprisingly. I was all prepared to sob like a baby and comment that it was a super touching movie, but nah, I got a lil watery-eyed at 1 scene and that's it.

I was listening to all the publicity of this movie on the radio, since 2 weeks b4 the movie was released on Leap Day. Every1 was saying it was so good, touching and sad. I was sure expecting a heck of a good kdrama-sobbing genre kinda show. Hahaha!

All you girls, fear not, watch when you are putting non-waterproof mascara or liquid eyeliner, no ugly panda eyes or eyebags will appear after the movie lah!

Nevertheless, the story plot is good and refreshing for a change, especially for a local movie production - and its not a Jack Neo movie either. PHEW!

It depicts a total different feel and perspective about loving someone whom you've been waiting all your life. The value of this love, the time you needed to sacrifice and all the nagging you had to bear over a long span of 16 years. Any lady grow old just thinking of those nonsense lah.

Wong Li-Lin is good, for a first-timer in a big local movie production like this. Qi Yu Wu's spoken English was rather funny to listen, as compared with his fluent Mandarin in TV dramas. The rest of the cast were good. 

The main actor, that Thai Ananda guy, not bad either - just din like his long hair. Feels funny kissing a guy who has almost the same hair length as me eh. LOL! Just kidding lah.

The movie was basically playing Corrine May's songs lah, which was kinda overdoing and overpromoting her. Yes, the songs were rather appropriate for those scenes but it did got CH rather pissed after the movie =\ LOL!

School is starting to suck my brain juice dry fast, though I got more sleep than working. All the reading, highlighting, research for assignments (very soon), exams and quiz crap etc. I'm feeling sleepy now, just thinking of them all -yawns-

Anyway this is the new pair of Levi's jeans I bought, with Simon's voucher =D 


It's in a different and darker denim shade and I love it! YAY!!!

I forgot what else I wanted to blog about already. I gotta go prepare for tonight's discipling already. Bye~!

No comments: