Monday, March 17, 2008

Leader's Retreat

Just a quick entry lah. I'm so rushed for time now. Sucks.

Leader's Retreat last weekend was good. Ps Paul Chase is a very good speaker, able to get the congregation to be proactive during the sermons, and he speaks to the hearts of many. 

"Rather be a wet water walker than a dry boat talker" - He was using the story of the disciples in the boat, when they saw Jesus walking towards their boat, on water! Only Peter got outta the boat and attempted to walk on water to reach Jesus.

By human logic, it seems totally impossible to walk on water - bcos I did countless experiments at the swimming pool b4! Hahaha! Yet Peter had such faith to walk on water, he took 3 steps b4 he got frightened and fell into the water. 

He got wet, but it certainly beat the other disciples who only saw this entire miracle and talked about it - and not trying it out themselves!

Just like us Christians, we always want to bring people to church yet we usually get turned down. We should learn to start BRING-ing people and not just simply inviting them over.

Rev Eugene Seow from Touch Community Services, is another anointed speaker lah. He is from FCBC apparently. Interesting sermon he spoke on compassion and he is one big compassionate dude too (: to his family, church ministries and to the different groups of people at TCS!

Compassion and becoming a Bring-er, sounds tough but I'm sure with much determination and love for your close loved ones, you can do so too! I'm also learning that myself ;p

Ok, I din do my projects for the past 2-3 days due to church, so now back to work!

No comments: