Friday, July 27, 2007

Persecuted for Righteousness

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/290600/1/.html

It's saddening to hear how Christians all over the world are treated, despite doing continuous good for the God's people. We are just trying to spread the gospel to as many people as possible around the world. We dun play or have fun when doing evangalistic activities or on mission trips.

We just wanna let them know that Jesus died for their sins and God has a place for them in Heaven. I know everyone has their rights to choose their religion and beliefs too, I'm not complaining. Christians dun brainwash people to believe in Jesus, but to encourage them to learn more about God's love instead. Dun have this misconception of Christianity ya.

However, I do feel glad for the martyred South Korean pastor, in a way that he is now safe in Heaven; feasting with our Heavenly Father. I feel sad in a way, that his elderly parents and young family has to go through life without him, the head of the household, in future. I hope this incident will hold his entire family together and continue to believe that God will work all things out for good.

Knowing that South Koreans are very zealous and passionate for their religion and each has a strong nationalist identity; I hope that the Christians there will continue to hold on to God's promises, that He will never forsake them at this difficult period of trials. I feel glad for them and hope that their faith will increase much more after this incident. We must realise and be aware that more of such persecution are coming to us Christians all over the world.

Continue to keep these Christians in your prayers and know that all these happens for a purpose =) No point blaming God or heaven etc. You may say its fate, destiny, God's will etc, whatever you say. But.... Are you prepared for such persecution in the near future? Many signs as mentioned in the Bible, in the Book of Revelations, are coming to past. I think about this above key question everyday, and being a typical Singaporean, I'm very kiasi* (scare die in Hokkien) one. I dun feel prepared at all =x

What if I got no food to eat, no water to drink or bathe, no home to shelter over my family and me? No1 I can trust besides my family, no means of escape or hiding places from the enemies, being tortured slowly in infinite ways just for the sake of Jesus' name, being threatened to deny Jesus' name by killing my family? These are just some of the many questions I reckon most Christians will have in the back of their minds now.

This reminds me of the 8 Beatitudes we have just learnt on Wednesday's Combined Net lesson: Matthew 5:3-10. Jesus mentioned these key 8, to the thousands listening to his preaching, during his ministry days. The verses most related to this topic would be Matthew 5:10-12.

v.10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. v.11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. v.12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

This has been an ongoing battle since the Old Testament times, and has not seized even till this current day. For so many thousand years, Christians have been persecuted continuously for sharing about God.

Are you willing to be one, who can love their neighbours more than their lives? I myself dunno if I can, but I'm trying my best every single day. I wanna be one daughter that God is proud of, and He telling everyone in heaven, "See, this is my precious child. I am pleased with her...", or sth like that lah.

There is just so much to write about and I can't stop. Haha! Hope you are not bored reading all these up till now. If I wanna write about the signs coming to past, I think I dun need to sleep already. There are just too many. Maybe you readers would be snoring by now already. If you are unsure and wanna know more, ask me when we meet ya =)

Time to check outta here =) remember pray pray pray!! God bless you guys ^^

No comments: