Have you ever encountered those door-to-door surveyers before? You do a 10-minutes long survey, and in turn, you are given some form of voucher, as a show of appreciation for your time. I like that, bcos God will bless me with vouchers so I can save $$!
Well I just occurred another one today, while I was happily watching this Korean show, 黄色手帕, aka Yellow Handkerchief. That drama series is being aired every Thursday and Friday afternoon on Channel U, for 2 hours straight. I have been chasing this long and draggy show for months lor! Where is it ever gonna end, happily??!!!
Ok, that was not the main thing I wanted to blog about. It is about the surveyer, who came at the critical moment when the main actor and actress were fighting over their child's custody lah. That dude knocked on my gate rather loudly lah, for that moment I thought it was my Papa who had decided to come home early from work and to do a surprise spot-check on me =\ -close shave there, phew!-
Well, partly our doorbell was not working, at least for the past few years. We were too lazy to change the batteries anyway. Hahaha! I guess he must have pressed the bell umpteen times b4 decided to knock on the door and shout, "Excuse me!! Anyone home?"
By the way, the main door was open, there were tv noises, so what do you think? Of course there is people in the house lah! Retarded, that's how some people can get sumtimes eh.
So I answered the shout, in my sloppy and embarrassing sleepwear, and bad hairdo, and shot him that what-you-want kinda look.
Me: Yes?
Retarded Dude: Eh, Hi! I'm doing a survey here and I need some time from you.... May I know your age and name?
Me: *gave him that what-the-heck look* I'm 21, name's Julia.
RD: Oh? Ju-li? Ok, wait ar, how do you spell that?
Me: It's Ju-lia.
RD: Ju-li? Ok... *takes out pen to write*
Me: It's J-U-L-I-A.
RD: *writing and spelling aloud* OH! Your name is Julia. Oh I see. Haha!
Me: *not very amused, roll eyes and let out lame laughter* HA-HA.
RD: Oh, dun worry, its only a survey, not gonna sell you anything k..
*so he quickly rattles on about the survey and starts asking me dumb questions about bird nest brands in Singapore*
Me: *just answering boredly and giving dumb answers back*
*10 minutes later... End of survey =D*
RD: Ok done. Now I just need your surname and address and handphone number, to complete this survey.
Me: Ok, my surname's Leow. *decided not to give address bcos he's standing in front of my main gate - with unit number BIG BIG there*
RD: Ok, so your number?
Me: 9xxx-xxxx
RD: So... *he starts giving me that I-wanna-get-to-know-you-better kinda look* You are a student eh? University?
Me: *looking at TV, rather frustrated and annoyed, for missing out the drama bits* yeah...
RD: What facility?
Me: Engineering.
RD: Majoring in?
Me: Aerospace.
RD: *open eyes real BIG now* WOW!! That's rare to hear girls doing aerospace nowadays. Nice.
Me: *roll eyes with more effort this time round* Ha-ha! Yeah I guess so too. *gives a one-million-dollar-dimpled-smile* I know what you mean.
RD: Cool. *attempts an in-awe smile to me*
*awkward silence*
I know he's waiting for me to ask the same questions back to him, but RD look like a stupid nerd, so no way!!!!!
RD: By the way, do you have MSN?
Me: *taken aback by the sudden random question*... *tiptoes to peep at the survey form thru the gate, to double check if email was needed* Huh? Yeah I have, but for what ar?
RD: Oh. No lah. It's not required in the form, just asking lor. Thought I can get to know you better lor.
Me: *gives that what-the-heck look again, this time with eyes open so BIG* Oh..... *then realising he was trying to use a pathetic and lame pickup line on me*
RD: So how? Can I have your MSN?
Me: Errrrr...... No? *giving that are-you-mad kinda look now*
RD: Oh. *very disheartened look* Never mind then =D *nervous laughter* Ha-ha!
*quickly opens file to take out 3 McDonalds $1 vouchers for me, after much struggle*
RD: *hands me the vouchers* Oh yes, I need you to sign on the survey form.
Me: *smiling happily bcos of Mac's vouchers* SURE!!
Me: So that's all, right?
RD: *relunctant answer* Yes =)
Me: Ok, bye.
*he leaves... I went back to continue watching the drama, or rather tv commercials >:( *
Me: SIAO KIA! *shouted rather loudly*
Moral of the story: Use better pickup lines please. Oh yes, before even saying that, take a good look in the mirror b4 asking for people's MSN. Desperate retards.
Oh well, I din know I could get such a pickup line, esp in that kinda cannot-make-it attire lor. LOL! I guess I'm blessed with the looks eh.
Okok, I see every1 laughing loudly at their computers now. It's just a joke lah. Haiya!
1 comment:
So mean!!
Post a Comment