Monday, October 22, 2007

Aching Ol' Body

I think I've lost abit of weight during the recent weekend, muscles are aching terribly now.

Played that Race @ Vivo with the VFC youths, a lil version of Amazing Race. Stupid Vivo is big lah, make us run all around the place like retards for 1 hour plus. Second to arrive, but we might still stand a chance to win the prize though ;p

-nudges organiser, Mr Ho- Darren, please make sure Group 6 is the winner hor!

We solve silly questions for the next clue, bask like idiots to get 10 signatures from strangers, at the Bonus Checkpoint, actually perspired in Vivo and did lotsa running, no doubt about that. Esther Tan and I were commenting while running, about the amount of potential weight we would lose. Well, I can feel it now! Hahaha!

Too tired to go for Edge svc, so Jian Lin and I decided to lunch at Jia Xiang Kuching Kolo Mee. -smiles to di- you get it? The food there is sure expensive, but filling for our stomachs and is quite nice.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kolo Mee! With char siew, minced pork, prawns, wanton, vegetables and a choice of mee pok or mee kia ^^ to add kick to the mee, put lotsa sambal chilli, very nice smell! One word: SHIOK!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
After 15 minutes of enjoying lunch, this is what's left in my bowl. YUMMY!! Please exculde those yucky fried onions =\ -pukes-
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My late Ah Gong used to eat his meals with this 'orange chicken' bowl!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Even the spoon has an 'orange chicken' imprinted there! Wahahaha!

Digressing just a bit, add $2.90 for few slices of abalone to your bowl of Kolo Mee. LOL!

One day I shall go Kuching and try their authentic Kolo Mee. Singapore version like too expensive leh. Read from kennysia.com that Kuching people love their Kolo Mee so much, that its like their staple meal at their kopitiams. Hmmm.. I wonder how true and how nice it really is over there.

Yeah, Sunday was a long day. Well I stood for almost the entire day, alongside with the other video crew. Thank God morning class was cancelled =) had video duty for morning svc. Afternoon class skipped since Uncle Melvin, aka Boss, wanted to brief us on the ATCEM (Asia Theological Ccentre for Evangelism and Missions) graduation sequence during the evening svc later.

You should have seen the way Boss strategised everything. I was commenting to Samuel that we seem like we were going for war =\ kinda ironic for a happy occasion eh. Heehee! Anyway the video-ing for evening was a stressful experience for all of us, including Boss. Sound crew could literally hear Boss shouting thru from my headphones. -phew- tough being the boss eh.

Crap sure happens especially when you are planning big stuff. Just as Ps. Kenny was closing the morning svc, Jon Tay gave a loud shout in the video room! Its real rare to hear Jon make a sound, let alone shouting. Basically we in the video room, were so into the closing of the svc till we din realise smoke emerging out from Zhi Lin!

Nope, it wasn't her fart. The massive wirings from behind the video equipment and consoles, were the source. Apparently there had been a loud sound that sparked it all, that only Jon heard. Weird, no1 else noticed or heard it.

First typical reaction, PANIC!! Next, Zhi Lin wanted to off the main console switch but scared to disrupt the service. Boss quickly off it and the smoke continued to emerge from the wirings. The smelly burning smell came. Whoa! Thank God the svc ended just in time lor.

Video room smelt like there had been a fire man. Close one there. Thank God for His protection over us too, else I think we, the faithful and loyal VFC R5/6 video crew, have become BBQ-ed already.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yes, the massive wirings for the video equipment =\ Boss pro leh...

The crew was in shock. Dunno what was the exact thing that overheated. Boss was quite upset upon seeing the massive wirings to deciper to find the exact source. But still, by evening svc, everything had seemed to have resumed back to normal. Nothing else screwed up after that, thank God. Salute to Boss too!

Yeah, by the time everything ended, my legs became jelly and my lower back was aching badly. I feel old already =( Woke up this morning with legs, hands and lower back aching.

Today I went pressie-shopping for the dudes, along with Madeline. It was fun and fast. Finished within 4 hours! I lugged everything home alone, as dark clouds loomed above me. Hope the guys like their pressie. Can't exactly say what we got for them as they read this blog of mine too ;p

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The dark and gloomy clouds looming over me...

Will show the pics when the celebrations are over... in November! Hahaha!

Tutorial classes are resuming again tml evening, after a nice 1 week break of slacking ^^v Din touch my notes at all for the past 10 days =X nope, not feeling guilty either =D

Just had KFC for supper, its been so long since I last ate it. Geez, I think I just had it last month o.O -giggles to self- You mean its fattening? Nah, its very healthy. C'mon, stop bluffing yourself. No lah, I din eat KFC supper for fun lah.

Papa decided to treat us KFC tonight, to thank God for his recent lil promotion at work. Nuthin big really, just a better position name, that's all =D But still, thank God for His continous blessings to our family. AMEN!

Come to think of it, forget my initial 1st line of this entry. I think the lost weight is back, much thanks to KFC supper. Heehee!

No comments: