Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Nerdy

This week is AO2 lecture week.

On 1st impression, our Aussie lecturer, George Mylonas, looks like Mr Nice Guy. Very cleanly-shaven face, that charismatic smile, neatly attired, very brown hair despite his age, and not forgetting a pleasant voice.

No no no, I din go for lecture to look at guys hor; just that the lecturer was particularly different from our previous Aussie lecturers leh. Haha!

What I like about this George is that:
  1. He dun rush thru his lectures, takes time to answer every question well,
  2. He make sure we students understand him well enough despite his strong Aussie accent,
  3. He shows us relevant and helpful teaching materials to aid our learning more,
  4. He patiently teaching us despite us not actively participating in his questions,
  5. His teachings are super detailed even though we can read the lecture notes ourselves - I reckon he knows that every1 is busy working and not having sufficient time to read up either,
  6. He shows us lotsa realistic examples using that SIA replica aeroplane model - scaled 1:7000, I think.
  7. He reminds us to come for lectures to get potential exam hints and tips, then he'd tell the tips so loudly to ensure no1 misses them out.
  8. Only BAD thing about him: he tortures us by not giving us break at the stipulated time. So tired and hungry lah!

Ok, enough of Mr George. Assignments and tutorials are on its way, I smelt them since Sunday already. I'm proud to say I have somehow read thru the entire thick chunk of lecture notes in the file, so I shall start attempting on my tutorials later this morning!

Woo hoo~ can't you see I'm trying to be a nerd here???!!! Better start on them now, else later panic again like the previous 3 modules this year - (not forgetting my bad habit of procrastination too!). Hopefully this module will be less stressful although exam is just 1 month away =\ so fast hor :(

Oh yes, GOOD NEWS!! I must really thank God for this!! I passed that stupid maths module: EAM (Engineering Analytical Modelling)!! Woo hoo (x1000) I'm so happy!! The lecturer din call me last Friday, he mentioned that all 3 girls in the class PASSED!!

Although I'm not expecting a distinction for EAM, unlike AO1 and Eng Comm, I really am glad and grateful that I made it thru this mathematical hurdle =D You know how much I studied and practised for this EAM exam, I do until I wanna break down.

Thank God that one of the 11 marks questions, came out EXACTLY as the one I practised at home =DD Give away marks to me one lor! Thanks to every1 who really prayed for me so that I may pass well this time. Heehee =) Pardon the many exclaimation marks eh, too happy lah... When I get the actual grade and marks, I tell you hor.

Ok, I'm trying hard to sleep early these few days so I can concentrate well in lectures. Its late, no good to be an owl anyways. Meanwhile, enjoy the 2 videos below. Nites!


One Republic - Apologise

I love the 30 sec piano intro with the power drum beats~!

Scott Simons - Under My Umbrella; Resident Evil: Apocalypse OST

[R&B remix done by Rhianna]

No comments: