I was just thinking this afternoon, on my way back from NTUC with my ma; that Singapore is becoming a country where the standard of living is getting higher every year. Prices of groceries, food, clothes, housing and even kopi* (coffee) are constantly on the rise.
I reckon in 2008, more items will be more pricey to afford for us Singaporeans, not just the foreign workers here.
The usual saying from every Singaporean, "Everything increase, only our salaries never increase!" I totally agree with that, even though it sounds super complacent.
What else will be up next year... oh yes, bills! Much thanks to the recent increase in 2% GST, the all-time historical 5% inflation of the Singapore currency. Now everywhere and everything is going UP UP UP!!!
Alrites, that was not what I wanted to say initially in this entry lah. I wanted to write on those more significant things i did and attempted this year =) To me, its quite a list lah =p
- I finally did my driving theory tests after dragging from poly days. Basic: passed on 1st attempt, Final: failed twice, attempted 3rd time end Jan'08.
- I finally went for youth camp again, after 8 long years of slacking from God.
- I just returned from Batam with some buddies and friends, for that lil getaway from Singapore! (will get the pics soon!)
- I joined video ministry, even though I got nursery and youth ministries already =X (its nice to learn new stuff lah...)
- I just finished 1st year of university studies in early Dec'07, currently on summer vacations. Woohoo!
- I finally upgraded my 4.5-years-old Twinhead laptop to an Apple Mac =D
- I finally tried on contact lenses for the 1st time, at the ripe age of 21!
- I enjoyed my 21st birthday celebrations throughly in the month of December!!
- I went to the zoo again, after 10 odd years!
- I left Infineon Technologies for my university studies.
- I revived and revamped this 11/12-dying blog to beautiful life once again!
- I attended 2 lovely ladies' weddings! Tracy and Nicole!
- I was greatly challenged both emotionally and spiritually when Andrew got into a almost-fatal traffic accident in June'07. Thank God he's healed almost completely now.
- I had lotsa 21st birthdays to attend and I'm quite broke this year. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment