Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's Time for A Change!


After many many times of pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del keys >:(

This is another sign of the laptop dying. I'm super duper pissed ok. How to do my work like that eh??!!??!

Another sign is that, for the past week, it has been producing all sorts of funny noises inside. Sometimes it sounds like its a lil blacksmith shop, hammering stuff inside, other times it sounds like its just wheezing away like an old man. Sighs.

I want my Apple MacBook now.


My new hairstyle and highlight colour, as of last week =)

It's red!!!


All 3 babes happy after doing our hair =D

Wow! I never knew that Novena Square 2 has so many shops in there.


Korean paradise at Novena Square 2, Level 3!

I discovered the many Korean shops at level 3 and checked the grocery store there. Beside NS2, there's Velocity, a sports and lifestyle shopping mall.

Anyway, I was at NS2 to meet up with my Infineon ex-colleagues for an authentic Korean lunch treat. Pat (who is married to a Korean), recommended this place, Hansang. This restaurant is her husband's favourite dining place.

I love the appetisers most. All the ladies present agreed so too, other than Yiam (that lazy and [eat snake* = slacker] uncle) who was fussy about everything. LOL! We ate lotsa kimchi (free and refillable), very solid and spicy leh! Woohoo~ I like!!


There were kimchi, fishcakes, beansprouts, cucumber and leek, as appetisers. In our set meal's appetisers, we had a few Korean-looking purplish-brown beans, a small piece of potato salad and ikan bilis! We were 1/4 full by then. Note that our main course has not arrived yet. Hahaha!

We had Spicy Pork with Cuttlefish. The rice was placed in a Korean stone bowl and it was piping hot. The rice was topped with a slice of sweet potato, eggplant, potato and a lil red date. Sadly, I din like my rice watery and too sticky, although I din waste a grain in the end.

The ambience overall is so-so, the service is not very good bcos the Chinese nationals just din understood simple English and showed attitude to the customers instead of good hospitality like the typical Korean. Sighs.

The only saving grace left was that the menu pricing is affordable and the food is cooked by a Korean chef.


Bali Thai @ Tampines Mall Level 4

Surprisingly, when I had dinner at Bali Thai, for the first time, with Samuel last month. We were quite impressed actually. The food actually tasted not bad man. A nice fusion of Indonesian and Thai food, for the taste buds :)

We always passed by that restaurant at TM but never tried there b4. So well, I think its worth checking this place out for a nice meal, after all ;p

The ambience, service, food and pricing were quite catered to us Singaporeans' standard. Not bad. Definitely not gonna be my last time dining there. Haha!

Ok, I'm starting to sound like a food critic here. Alrites, maybe an amateur critic, or should I say a food-obsessed girl?

Seems like I've written quite abit this time round, after a lil blogging drought here. Heehee! Time to finish off the last few essays for my soon-due assignments b4 I officially join the school holiday crowd - for the first time this year =D

No comments: