Thursday, August 02, 2007

God's Blessings

Sumtimes I'm amazed by God's blessings that I'm often left speechless. Just like yesterday, I was all groggy from my long sleep till Mama passed me an envelope from Great Eastern. My heart sank, thinking that my insurance agent wanted me to buy more policies from him.

You know my financial status, the purse strings are darn tight. Whatever goes into my pocket, gets out quickly too.

I opened the envelope with much dread. Surprise of all surprises that I could ever think of, on a lazy Wednesday afternoon, I actually got a voucher for Pizza Hut regular pan pizza, absolutely FREE! I was like,"huh? confirm bo?"

Click onto below picture for more info.


My insurance agent apparently won such great company award and he gave all his clients a lil Pizza Hut treat. Of course, there is no free lunch in this world. Great Eastern wanted all clients to 'review' their policies again and schedule a meet-up with the agent.


YAY!! Free pizza to eat!

They tried to tempt me with a lucky draw for free travelling though. Since I have never won any stupid lucky draw in my whole entire life, I decided to skip the chance of being 1 of the lucky 10 to get $1000 worth of travel vouchers. Wanna scam me to upgrade my policy right??!!! I'm so not gonna do that.

However, the last paragraph of the note left me tempted =) Whoever wanna become a Great Eastern insurance agent, tell me! Let me refer you in, so I can get some referral money as well lah ^^v You get the job, I get the $$ for giving you the job opportunity!

Oh yes, I'm so money-faced $_$ ! Judging by my recent post on PayPerPost, I sure do sound in need for cash. I'm not. I just wanna share how God bless me in different ways! Extra outlets to make some revenue while staying at home, sure sounds good for every poor student ya =)

Ok, enough of money stuff. I had a lil supper session after class, one evening, with Thiam Siong, and we sure talked alot. Despite my voice still recovering from the inflammation and Thiams tired from a long day of school, we talked and talked and talked. Its great to share my life's experiences with someone who can understand it quite well. Whenever we think and look back on our past decisions, we end up smiling with mixed feelings.

Below are 2 pictures I took for Thiams and Ee Ling, they were sweet enough to wear the shirts I specially made for their birthday pressies. Decided to get them 1 each bcos God has used them greatly in my life and they were a great encouraging couple to me =)

Fits them to a tee ^^ Pun intended. Just throw the darn receipt I stupidly left in the bag hor. Forget the cost pls!

Shirt design was specially done by sweet Siu Mei. Great job girl!


Thiams and Ee Ling, proudly wearing their "God's Encourager" shirts!

We (Thiams, Ee Ling, me and Siu Mei), love the cross and flowers design best!

After much sleep for the past 3 days, I'm glad to say my voice has almost recovered fully. I still sound hoarse whenever I talk too much or laugh out loud, cough like a sick dog for 5 mins non stop, every now and then, and stupid phlegm that is still stuck in my throat.

However I'm kinda used to not being able to talk, but now that I'm ok, I feel lazy to open my mouth to talk already. What a big contradiction. But still, I thank God for healing me so quickly =) YAY! KFC, here I come!!

No comments: