So proud of being part of you and I love singing those songs about you. "Five Stars Arising", "We are Singapore", "Stand up for Singapore", "Count on me Singapore", "Pledge Song", "Majulah Singapura", "Chan Mali Chan" and so many more!!!
But I got one sad news for you... No1 really bother to put up your pretty red and white flag, decorated with a crescent and 5 stars, on their HDB flat window ledges anymore. I'm guilty of that too =x Maybe if you gave me tickets for next year's NDP, I would be nicer to you too =)
Went to say hi to our late grandparents at 2 seperate cemeteries, in the early part of the day; thank God for the clouds, else we all would have melted already =) Popped by Amos' house almong with sis and Yi Ru, so we decided to catch NDP'07 together.
Cher Hao mentioned that he was in the parade but I could not see him; every guy there looked the same lah. Su Ping was in some umbrella performance segment but we din see that. We reckon its the pre-parade segment, not telecast on TV live.
The main highlight of the NDP was these 3 guys who were roller-blading to and fro the stage, doing this segment called "Source of Life". The main singer/blader sang about the water and its supremacy, and he had dramatic actions and he sure looked weird with the glittery make-up and lion-fish costume. So he was blading with his 2 fishy frenz and up the ramp they went.... the main singer/blader attempted a "his 2 big feet off the ground" stunt and he landed back on the ground beautifully, alongside with his butt lah. Oh my, how loud we laughed! What a joke~
In another blading segment by dunno which association, another blader lost balance, just when the cameraman happened to film them. Ok, we are mean people who gloat over people's misfortune =x
Now, how suay can the director of this live telecast event gets. It aint easy directing, mixing and recording such a massive live event. I reckon it sucks having filmed the retarded moments of the 1st NDP event ever held at Marina Bay - the biggest floating platform in the whole wide world. LOL!
The overall event was alrite, just that they focused too much on the audience and filmed less on the performances and fireworks. Sighs. Hope next year is better lor.
Oh, speaking of fireworks, it looked quite good on tv. My nice Great Eastern insurance agent sent me this email last week, with this link for the next display segment of NDP fireworks. Check out the dates and pop by the area to enjoy that few romantic moments with your loved one =)
Next up, a quick follow-up on nana's birthday celebration today:
Papa brought us to Jurong Point for late lunch and nana selected Fish & Co =) the service there was quite good, the supervisor know his products well and he was well-mannered. Looks good too ^^ Since everyone was feeling so happy, we ordered quite abit and almost could not finish ;p

Lunch at JP Fish & Co ;p
Ordered Seafood Platter, Teriyaki Salmon, Fried Calamaris for food. Got 2 of their signature drinks: Kola Tonic and Passion Fruit, not too bad, its worth trying =) got a complementary 'Sing 42' mocktail or sth, bcos we were patriotic Singaporeans who scored full marks in a lil quiz they had... and with a wee bit of help from Mr Nice Sup of course ;p
They also gave sis a free scoop of Cookies n' Cream ice cream and 10% off our bill just bcos her birthday was yesterday - b4 National Day =) No idea what kinda promo it is but well, God just loves to bless us!
The weather is way too humid and stuffy, I have been perspiring for the past 2 hours already, since the moment I stepped into the house till now. Off to bathe now ^^ I'm so tired I think I wanna sleep already. Its only 12 plus in the night, but who cares.. I want my beauty sleep hor. Ciaos peeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment