Saturday, March 14, 2009

Joo Koon

This week is mainly spent at JW again, with UMA and gang =) namely Jemima, Nicholas and Jonathan from R11/12. We had more crap to settle and redo -.- definitely not fun. UMA even had a case of food poisoning. God bless UMA.

Anyway, as my post title suggests, it is more about that recently-opened new MRT station, extended on the East-West Line of SMRT. Joo Koon is currently the last stop of the line, just after Pioneer and Boon Lay.

I was in the train one day, after helping UMA, alongside with Nicholas and Elijah, when we came across that directional sign on the MRT platform.

Me: How come got station called Joo Koon one? It's on the platform panel, up there... -points to board, from inside of train-
Elijah: Huh? Not Boon Lay meh?
Nicholas: Huh? I noticed it one day when I was going to school few days back liao.
Me: So weird name for an MRT station leh....
Elijah: Joo Koon? What kinda name is that man?!? I would never EVER name my kid "Joo Koon"!?!!
Me & Nicholas: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! True true~
Elijah: Who would even name his son Joo Koon? (repeats question x10)
Me & Nicholas: LOL!

Yups, so basically, Joo Koon is really a bad name for a kid or even the MRT station. SMRT should rethink of another name, really. LOL!

No comments: