No offence to anyone in particular, so if you are feeling angry, bang your head on the wall next to you. Thank you.
The topic: Friendship =) Oh wells, it seems like a harmless thing totally, but many things happen just bcos of your friends.
Loyalty, love, care and concern starts to emerge outta your soul when you see your dearest friends in any sort of trouble. You learn to go thru' thick and thin with them, you have all sorts of great memories with them, you have all the chilling sessions with them.
Funnily, over time, your friends whom you thought, will last thru old age together, does not, even though you are truthful to them in all aspects. I dun get it, why are there such unappreciative and self-centred people out there?
In good times, they stick to you like glue. They say, "love ya dear fren, appreciate you for all you've done"... In the end, when certain circumstances changes, e.g. boy-girl relationships, overseas studies etc, they dun give a hoot about you dying on the streets.
Your "how are you?" or "miss you dear fren, let's hang out soon ya?" does not seem to matter to them at all, anymore. It hurts, to be in that kinda one-sided friendship, not to even say lovers. If you can do that to your friends, you can also do that to your lover, your future spouse and such. It's almost like emotional abuse!
It takes two hands to clap. Dun be so full of yourself, you are just a mere insignificant human, like anyone of us.
At this point if you are still reading, and you feel a tinge of guilt, shame or irritation, you can choose to close this blog window, read on or hurl some insults at me, I dun care =)
Why destroy a friendship that you have painstakingly built up and maintained over the years of highs and lows? Why do this to innocent friends of yours? At least tell them upfront so they will not be clueless about your non-existence in that friendship. Dun be such a jerk lah!
Dun treat your friends like they owe you their lives or sth; you ask them to do stuff for you, they have to fulfil it, else you dun wanna hang out with them. That would be very sad of you. If you are scared that your friend will "steal" your potential boyfriend/ eye candy, dun let them know anything.
Sighs. This whole thing sounds so childish now. I'm starting to feel retarded, thinking of such people. I shall stop, bcos I can't type on already. I'm not perfect either, but at least I dun do this to my friends. All I can say is that, I pity you, for being so into yourself, and for losing your dear friends unknowingly.
*As the saying goes, a friend in need is a friend indeed.
credits: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1O90-AFRIENDinneedisafriendndd.html
A friend in need is one who helps when one is in need or difficulty. Cf. Euripides Hecuba l. 1226
ἐν τος κακος γὰρ ἁγαθοὶ σαφέστατοι φίλοι, for in adversity good friends are most clearly seen; Ennius Scaenica 210 (Vahlen) [I like this phrase best!]
amicus certus in re incerta cernitur , a sure friend is known in unsure times.
c 1035 Durham Proverbs (1956) 10
Æt thearfe man sceal freonda cunnian [friend shall be known in time of need].
Goodbye, lostscrewed-up dear friend/s.
amicus certus in re incerta cernitur , a sure friend is known in unsure times.
c 1035 Durham Proverbs (1956) 10
Æt thearfe man sceal freonda cunnian [friend shall be known in time of need].
Goodbye, lost
No comments:
Post a Comment