Thursday, October 02, 2008

September Wedding Bells!

Everyone was at Shi Yun's house by 7.30am, the tense excitement filled the air. It was John and Shi Yun's wedding! Exactly on 八月十五 on the lunar calendar!

Preparations for the morning "traditional" door games were done: 酸甜苦辣, putting stalks of forget-me-not all over the block, guess-which-lipstick-on-tissue-is-the-bride's and more.



Shi Yun & John's Wedding - 14th & 15th Sept '08


8 jie-meis*姐妹 (sisters) for the bride, 12 xiong-dis*兄弟 (brothers) for the groom.



The newly-weds had to keep smiling for the next 8 hours, to entertain all the guests present. It's quite a tiring thing to do lah, the smile muscles certainly were fit that day!

Shi Yun will be moving in with her husband, and we took a pic at the void deck that morning.
Girls in white and pink!

The 8 jie-meis*姐妹 (sisters), taking pics as ordered by the official wedding photographer. He has some really cliched poses, but still worked for the joyous occasion nevertheless.





8 jie-meis*姐妹 and the guy buddies!

姐妹 & 兄弟 = white & black!

The wedding dinner was held the following evening, at Hotel Miramar. We sat at Table 38. Hmm, it was quite a weird place to sit at, bcos we couldn't really see the stage (thanks to the stupid pillar) and all the action going on in front. Sighs.

Nevertheless, we still enjoyed the dinner (bcos of the food =D) ! YUMS~


Table 38 peeps!

More pics at:  Wedding Customary Part 1
                         ★ Wedding Customary Part 2
                         ★ Wedding Customary Part 3

Well, in September, I broke my personal best record in "Number of times I'm caught wearing dresses in a year". Well, I got 3 already. CNY, I got another 1 more time. I guess, this is my best record as yet = 4! I feel all feminine already =p Heehee!

Just last Saturday, I went for Han Wen and Ivy's wedding dinner. I was hesitant to go initally bcos I was dead broke in my bank =X however, I still kept my word and went for the dinner. I must say, their dinner was quite fun after all!

Their wedding montage was animated, it filled the entire ballroom with repeated laughters and touched us with their romance. Awww~ very well-done! 

They had those sabo games at dinner, it lasted for about 30mins, hence delayed the remaining few dishes and the tables photo-taking session. Ha!

Some of the few pics I took with my miserly handphone =X

Oh, their door gifts, quite interesting leh. Got a photo bookmark of the couple, in different poses and a cute couple shot glass!



As the always-hungry me, I checked out their wedding menu quickly.....



Sounds good (as always in wedding menus), but the actual food was really darn good lah, I must say. LOL! No pics bcos JJ and I attacked the food first b4 any pics could be snapped around the table. 

Met up with some of Shi Yun & Han Wen's poly mates, it was fun to chat up with them once again. Most of them have already started working and all. A very friendly bunch of people lah (:

Last but not least, a pic with Han Ping. Thank God for him, else I'd have been bored to death for waiting 1.5 hours for the dinner to start lah. YAY!


I would not believe the starting time of the wedding dinner stated on the invitation card again ): always bluff people only. But hor, then again, I feel that those people who come in late for people's wedding dinner, are super rude lah. 

People invite you for their celebration, asking you to be punctual, but end up still so late. Macham they are the newly-weds, must dress up so long meh?! No respect and sense of shame lah. Haiyo! End up dinner delayed and people starve at the table. Boooooooo!!!

Oh yes, my most sincere blessings and well-wishes to both newly-wed couples! I'm so happy for you all, and I pray that your marriages will be fruitful. Do cherish and love your spouse wholeheartedly. God bless your marriages, the union of man and woman. Pop some babies out soon too! Hahahahaha~!

Ok, finally it's time for me to get serious with my stupid shitty assignments. I keep procrastinating till the cows come home and out the next day. Sian! Will try to blog whenever possible lah.

So much to do, so lil time gotten. I need strength and guidance from You!

No comments: