Well, maybe I shall talk with my Secondary school friends first - bcos we went way back in 1999! I'm gonna write alot of words, so enjoy reading if you want to.
Serene was the first girl I talked to, partly bcos she sat next to me and she looked decent to me. Well, thank God we managed to click rather well and fast became close friends and "sisters" after 4 good months of friendship.
Just as suddenly how we became friends, we just decided we had enough of hanging out with each other and we din really hang out anymore after Sec 1 =\ weird eh.
We did had fun with our Donkey and Penguin jokes, which caused us detention for 3 days and a terrible scolding from our parents. Our offence: Intimidating classmates -.- what the heck!
+ Then I started to hang out with Usha, she was a interesting and hyper girl to hang out with. Something different from the usual guai kia* (good and obedient kid). Haha! I always hang out at her cool 4-storey terrace house at Kembangan and we always shared lil secrets together. That's why I first hung out so well with an Indian girl. She's a nice girl (:
Somehow or rather I thought that it would be nice to have more people in our friendship circle, so I roped in Ying Xi and we 3 became great pals. However, as the well-known saying goes, "Good things always come to an end".... that led to our quarrels and arguments by the frequent letter-passing to and fro in the classroom and once, in the excursion bus O.o
I became the traitor, the betrayer and the loser lah. Ying Xi was caught in between us both and I think she wasn't spared either lah. Kinda got a taste of a lil racial disharmony back then eh.
So we finally called off the great racial-harmonious friendship and I started to hang out with Ying Xi more. So this is my definition of I-dun-see-a-need-to-hang-out-with-you-anymore type.
Frankly, I din regret that decision of the "seperation" bcos that was the 1st step to finding my true friends in my life (:
As we headed on to Sec 2 together, Usha and Serene became great friends - much thanks to me =\ in the wrong way. LOL! Meanwhile, Ying Xi and I became awesome friends with Angelina and Shi Ru, much thanks to IPW back then. IPW was an intensive group project and that was much hated by the class lah.
Our group name was a big classic and it stayed with us till now ;p We are the Speedy Foursome girls! The origin of our group name was hilarious lah.
Speedy: Back in 1999, J-pop first came into SG and Speed was the 1st female popular Japanese group to make it big. Shi Ru was a huge J-pop fan, so she suggested Speed. Moreover we needed speed in completing our project mah.
Foursome: Ok, we were thinking dirty back then. You know threesome.... =X so since we have 4 girls in the group as well as in Speed, we called ourselves "foursome" =\ cliche I know, but 14 years old kids only think simple stuff mah.
Our one and only Speedy Foursome pic!
Quite happy to say that our friendship is still going on strong to date, although we have all gone to different study courses in life. This is my definition of "meet-to-catch-up session" friends. We went thru thick and thin, happy and sad moments, angry and petty days, quarrels and arguments -nudge Shi Ru- ; which ultimately made our friendship so strong and yet happening.
Sec 3 came, I was rather sad to leave my Sec 2 friends. We had so much fun together, bonding and all. That's when I started to be slightly more rebellious and low-profile in school. I was a super introvert, only talking to people whom I found familiar.
Not many people found me friendly and most thought I had an evil tongue in me - which I did lah. Hahaha! I was always full of sarcasm and scorn of people. That was also when I started growing upwards real fast!
I started to hang out with Hui Shan and Adelene alot, always playing netball or volleyball together. Eating lotsa canteen food, drinking bubble tea, disturbing younger juniors, hanging out at TM etc.
Always got caught by Mrs Sui for talking excessively to Adelene during Maths class. Always disturbing Alvin for stationery, Carol for lil gossips, laughing at fat Fabius for crying and being a stupid fool.
That lil friendship was fruitful but it din last long. Sec 4, I crossed lines and attempted to change for the better. I started to hang out with Shi Yun, a super good girl. Hahaha~ who happens to be one of my buddies now ;p She was the total opposite of me; writes very neatly, talks very nicely, demure in disposition, well-liked by all and more. LOL!
I remembered, she was the one who talked me round to try to change my speech and my ah-lian attitude towards people. One fine day during the Sec 3 December school holidays, we were talking on the phone when she told me about how I was not very well-liked by many in class. I din care a hoot, seriously.
She mentioned that I had offended her in my words b4, which I had no recollection to date. She then suggested R&R (Reflect & Refocus), our secondary school style of detention, during the last 2 weeks of school holidays. I was laughing when I heard that, but I did listen to that silly suggestion after all.
When Sec 4 started, I did try my best to cut down on sarcasm (it was so difficult not to suan anyone lah!) and I found myself much more received and welcomed by the classmates.
Oh well, the good of R&R. That's when I found more of my buddies in that class. Alvin, Madeline, Shi Yun, Cher Hao (: and I became more extroverted too.
As God had arranged it, Mr Lee was good enough to let us choose where and who we wanna sit with. I sat with Alvin, Madeline and Cher Hao behind us, Shi Yun on the other side of the class. LOL! We also lasted this far and long. -hugs-
Let's all continue to laugh like retards for the next 50 years together!
But I was especially closer to Cher Hao back then in Sec 4, bcos he needed a love adviser/helper back then. LOL! Hilarious love history of his, but it was interesting getting to know him better thru the long phone calls thru the nights then. Few times we managed to talk from beginning of bedtime to end of bedtime. In school we macham zombies still can talk summore. Hahaha~
From helping him find his love, it ended up we becoming each other's first in our lives. He actually became my first boyfriend, with all my expectations. What an irony! -shake head-
Stop laughing ar, Ying Xi + Shi Yun + Alvin....
Ok, that's a heck of alot of words today. I'll write about my church pals, those who are closer to me ;p
*Friends are so important in one's life, treasure them well!



No comments:
Post a Comment