*This entry is mainly about my testimony of how God has spoke to me yesterday, so if you are not very into this kinda stuff, you can choose to close or read on this page (: cheers!
I think I remembered the prophesy that was spoken to the congregation at yesterday's morning service. That was b4 the sermon. This dude was talking about finding our purposes in God and in our lives.
After the sermon, this lady from the Chinese congregation shared her testimony on how God has placed her over the Chinese outreach ministry - which is rather similar to what I'm gonna share further down (:
Just moments ago b4 he spoke about that, I was just asking God if my very existence in the Youth ministry was what He had initially called me to do - to serve and help His people, the lost and helpless lil kids out there, w/o proper guidance in life.
Well, I was feeling that way bcos of certain issues that were happening in my life and even in the church =X
I just needed reassurance from God so that I can be able to carry on serving Him with a spirit-filled purpose in my life. I hate to walk my life aimlessly nor make it a routine - my close friends will be able to vouch for that. Hahaha!
So when the prophesy was said, I was like, "God, You sure do answer me fast eh. I was just causally asking only leh." LOL! But that response from God did made me feel more reassured and comforted, knowing that I can always count on Him in good and bad times.
After going thru some ups and downs, unhappiness and dissatisfaction, stressful and annoying situations, there were good and rewarding moments too. God helped me thru my struggle to coordinate the Siglap Sec campus outreach.
Firstly, I was not a Siglap-ian, as they call themselves. Secondly, I know nuts about their school. Thirdly, I have to learn from scratch to build rapport and support with these lil youths. Fourthly, I dun have so much time in my schedule to squeeze in this campus thing.
Well, when Karina first called to approach me to take up this role as campus regional coordinator, I was weighing the scale for this offer. After that long 10 minutes long call, I accepted the role; reason being, it was a very good opportunity for me to learn more about the things youths go thru nowadays, as compared to my student's years era.
Just in case you din know or dun have a clue why I keep harping on the youths, it is bcos I feel that this is what God has placed me here to do. I have a burden and a passion to help the today youths in terms of various current issues, such as: peer pressure, studies, self-esteem, friendship or BGR, family and being a confidant to them.
So as what the Chinese lady testified in her testimony, she was also weighing the scale whether to accept the role as the regional coordinator over the Chinese outreach. God told her, "I will find someone else if you dun want this role. My plans will never change just bcos of you."
WOW! That hit me hard too. That was what God told me too, when I was weighing the scale for Siglap Sec.
So back to where I left off, the Siglap campus outreach. I have indeed learnt alot from the 6 Siglap-ians and they are full of drama when they talk about their school - teachers and students alike.
Prayer walk and sharing sessions with them are always fruitful and I always learn a new perspective from their point of view. God has made me grow more and enabled me to communicate easily with the youths too, to the extent that they are rather comfortable talking to me even as a friend, and not as a leader high up there. I like being treated as a friend, putting age, status and position aside.
God has also let me grow more in Him, in terms of compassion and patience too. He lets me trust Him more in all seemingly-impossible aspects of life. He is good~ and His love indeed endures forever!
This is one rewarding point of serving the Youth ministry in VFC, and I won't mention any unhappy issues here (: no worries!
I miss my ol' net group, with Amos and the lil mischievous kids there. The amount of effort we have put to minister in those lil lives there, the friendship and closeness we all shared together, the trust and level of comfort going out together etc.
Since I'm called to go to another net now, I'll continue to try my best to build rapport and friendships with these older youths - though Karina and I are still the oldest lah ;p It takes time and sincere effort, so hang in there. I need to expand my time man!!
Ok, this prophesy-cum-testimony thing has lead into a long story. Hee~
2 Timothy 3:1-17 - I was just reading this passage with Christina during discipling last Sunday lor. Talk about coincidence eh. Pastor Danny also spoke of this New Age Movement (NAM) thing, the Law of Attraction and the "Spirit of Abraham".
Frankly, this is rather new to me so I went to google-search those stuff today! They used bits and pieces of the Bible and the teachings and twisted them into their own doctrines. That is blasphemy! The last days as mentioned in the Book of Revelations are really coming to pass and time is running out!
Go read up on those stuff and maybe you might wanna check out the movie "The Secret", a 2006 Hollywood film. It outlines the NAM and all of the above bullshit lah. I'm going to do so myself!
Ok, I think you guys are tired of reading all those words already. Time to sleep ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment