Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ip Man... & Rocking Lard

Ip Man (pronounced eep-mun), is about Bruce Lee's kungfu master's younger days and how Wing Chun (Ip Man's practising kungfu) evolved and came to Hong Kong. 

Well, it's been a long time since I watched a movie that really kept me glued to my seat, although my bladder was exploding any moment. 

Every scene was so anticipated and real that we, especially the Chinese in the cinema, were charmed by Donnie Yen's acting and fighting skills, the villains, the helpless and the brave Chinese protrayed in the movie, as it was in the actual WWII.

However, the movie was abit ruined thanks to this "Rocking Lard" sitting next to me. Apparently we watched at the Grand Cathay cinema, and that row of seats that me and bf were sitting at was rather shaky. Note: It is most shaky when people fidget in their seats. 

I was sitting in between my bf and this fat guy aka Rocking Lard. In the beginning no1 moved, every1 was very comfortable in their seats. Halfway thru the show, I reckon most of our butts were abit numb so I was one of those who adjusted my butt and the seats did shake. Nope, I'm not that heavy, sorry to disappoint you folks.

Somehow, this fatty got the hang of it and starting shaking and adjusting himself for the rest of the show. I was rather pissed but insistent of not wanting to change seats to the side sector, bcos the centre sector seats are better! I started showing my annoyance by making that irritating sulky sound, you know all girls does that when they are displeased or annoyed. Haha!

He ignored me and continued watching the show and rocking the seats with his freaking fat ass. I tell you, if not for patience, bf and I would have shouted at him right there when Ip Man was kicking some ass onscreen, alright!

Even his petite lil gf was telling him that the row of seats shook whenever he moved, but apparently he din care and continued to move his fat ass around. At the end of the show, they happily walked out of the cinema, feeling indignant about the whole shaky chair affair. Stupid lard boy.

So, we grumbled to bf's mum and guess what she said... "Aiya, I think the reason why he kept doing that was bcos his butt was too big for the seat lah". I was surprised, bcos Cathay actually boasted about having chairs bigger than the usual GV and Shaw cinemas. So if Rocking Lard can't fit into big Cathay chairs, that shows one thing, his ass is really BIG and FAT!

Thank you.

Other that Rocking Lard incident, Ip Man is a must-watch show. Donnie Yen is a charmer, so calm and composed in the movie. Next up, I heard Seven Pounds is good, quoted from Amos. Ha!

No comments: