Thursday, September 20, 2007

Treasure Your Family!

I never knew just dialling 3 numbers on the telephone takes less than 1 second, until last night. 995 can be a scary set of numbers to dial.

Pa had started vomiting since last evening after his dinner at his workplace, all the way till the ambulance arrived at our house. Couldn't remember what the doc said, I think its stomach flu or sth.

I was so worried and scared for him, so heart pain when I heard him continuously vomited in his room. He was so weak till he couldn't walk and was groaning in pain. His head was spinning and he was like semi-conscious already. He was in a super groggy state.

The ambulance took about 10mins to come, quite fast already lah. The main medic, a Malay lady, was very calm and asked the necessary questions on Pa's medical history and all. Very good job.

Ma followed with the ambulance, while I walked super fast from home to CGH* (Changi General Hospital). I reached just 1 minute after the ambulance touched A&E doors. Thank God for long legs, amen! Even that Malay medic was surprised =)
A&E

Soon, the entire family was down within the next 10 minutes at A&E. Doc din say much but put Pa into the Observation Room. I almost felt like I was in a Mediacorp drama serial already. Haha! Oops, did I just laughed? =X

Pa was kinda dehydrated from the constant vomiting and was given 2 packs of Sodium Chloride to replenish the sudden loss of body fluids. He sure was exhausted from the happenings of the night, he just lie on the bed flat and snored away loudly lah!

Thank God for answering our prayers, Pa was feeling much better after that short nap. He was soon discharged after being cleared by the nice lady doc. Pa just recovered from gastric flu last week, now kana relapse again. Sighs.
She also mentioned that there were no signs of stroke or health-threatening symptoms, so thank God again. I was just worrying about that bcos of Pa's high blood pressure problem, when she mentioned all clear, I was so relieved ok.
Bro, sis and me

All he needs to do now is rest more and watch his diet more! So dreadful, never again would I wanna dial 995 =\ its just bad lah. Finally we are back home resting, so tired from the night's events. I pray that Pa will be able to sleep well tonite and get well very soon.

Everything is just happening so fast. Just 3 hours ago, the medics were here. Now, I'm back online blogging like its another quiet and uneventful night. Phew!

I'm treasuring my Pa even more than ever now. So scared sth bad will happen to him just now. Thank God yet again, I just can't thank Him enough lah.

Oh, my assignment deadline is in 17 hours time, and guess what, I'm not even halfway done yet. So difficult to do lor. Tell me that I'm still gonna pass this stupid idiotic module please!!!??!!!

No comments: