Saturday, February 02, 2008

Humpy Dumpy, Chinatown, CNY, Shepherd

I think I can be nominated or rather be awarded this, "Most Frequent Go-er of humpy dumpy Level 4 Toilet".

Know why I say that? Bcos lately the admin workload has been rather minimal and I can't possibly always surf the internet on my desktop to blog or watch videos, as the other colleagues might think I'm super free lah (which I truly am). So I usually end up heading to the toilet eat snake* (laze) =D

I estimated I frequent the toilet there maybe 5-7 times a day; not bcos my bladder is in bad condition, but rather bcos I'm bored doing nuthin literally. I always end up asking my colleague if there's anything I could help her with, usually getting a head shaking "No". Oh wells.

Since I got nuthin much to really do and CNY is around the corner, the suppliers are constantly coming into our office to give us goodies and bak kwa =P we ended up fattening ourselves with new year goodies lah.

Ever heard of Grandma Tay's Cookies, with a "心" 字 as its logo? It happened to be one of my colleagues' aunt who baked those wonderful goodies. 

Most of the colleagues and suppliers pre-ordered them and we all ate so much! We especially loved the pineapple tarts and finished 2 containers in 3 days. The crust texture is just nice, the pineapple filling so much and its just the right sweetness. Ooh la la!

Grandma Tay's Cookies (situated in Chinatown)

Okok I shall stop boasting about my slack admin job already. Just yesterday, my nice colleagues kinda invited me to go with them to Phuket, the company's incentive trip to the Projects department. 

However, since I'm not a permanent staff there, I would need to pay the full price of $580 as I have no subsidy. I was tempted to agree since I can go overseas and have fun with those people, but bcos no $$, I sadly said a cool "Nah!" Yeah sighs.... =(

On another note, I went Chinatown 2 days back, with Cher Hao. This year's CNY decor is certainly better than last year's pink curtains' decor, though it still can be further improved lah. LOL!
Winnie the Pooh and Friends =)

Mickey Mouse and Friends =D

Just before that CNY lights' stroll, Cher Hao and I went to eat dinner at Togi Restaurant, an authentic Korean food eatery =P its located at 11, Mosque Street. It sells real good Korean cuisine man!

The side dishes, radish soup and Korean pear juice

Grilled Squid rice in Hot earthen bowl
BBQ/Grilled Pork Belly with lettuce =p (eat with Soju wine, it will be heavenly!)
By Cher Hao's recommendation, Togi Korean Restaurant!

Thank you to CH for recommending such good food to me, not forgetting that Cedele dinner last week too!

Joan and Janice, you babes should try the food there hor. Won't regret one. LOL!

Yesterday at the youth net rally, Gary announced the 2nd-generation net leaders for R5/6. Those in Tampines were me, sis, Jemima and Ee Ling. Let us all continue to grow more in God as we shepherd His flocks together! 

All the leaders were given a nice sliver thermal mug, specially designed by Karina. Thanks girl!

Very meaningful mug design, nicely inscribed with "fivesixYOUTH - Youths with Jesus in our Hearts", verses Prov 27:23 and John 21:15-17 and this shepherd with lil sheep pic.... Baaaaaa~

Jesus said, "Follow Me!"

So all you shepherds, what are you waiting for? GO find that lost sheep and lead it back to His flocks!

By the way, dun eat Ramen Ten. I rather eat Ajisen Ramen lor. In terms of quality and quantity.

That's all I can remember blogging about. My train of thoughts keep getting disconnected today, so difficult to concentrate on blogging. Off for edge service :) wheeeeeeeee~~~ 

Oh yes, speaking of edge service, I got sth to share, but I think leave it for another day to say lah. Time for a warm bath, the weather so cold!

No comments: