Thursday, May 08, 2008

Madness Happenings

Alright! Finally I can fork out some time to blog (: ain't you guys like, happy eh?

When I was busy mugging last week, I sat at my study desk for like 3/4 of the time I was awake. The other 1/4 of the time I was awake was purely eating and watching bit of TV. Very sad, I went on a 1.5 week long hiatus from my Mac.

So I being a normal human, need to relax after much mugging. Outta my bedroom window, I get to see all sorts of weather changes and feel all sorts of temperature changes. The cloud patterns never fail to interest me, with their ever-changing shapes, much thanks to the blowing wind up in the sky.




You can see how bored I am trying to study for my exam lor. LOL!


The Engineering Management exam last Friday, din turn out the way any1 in class had expected. Supposedly easy according to our tutor, but surprisingly long and tough accordingly to us the testees. Sighs. Very saddening and demoralising leh.

We complained to our Aussie lecturer and he tried to salvage the situation by moderating the grades if all of us had the similar problem. Sighs. Really trusting God to help us pull thru' this horrid exam nightmare. I'm going mad.

After a long week or so of exam mugging, I finally had a day off from any studying and we celebrated Madeline's (belated) 22nd birthday. A pity Shi Yun and Ying Xi missed it, only 4 of us turned up: Me, Cher Hao, Mad (duh!) and Alvin :)

Last minute hunting for Mad's pressie proved to be challenging and troublesome, we had been so busy for the past few weeks to even have decent shopping lah. Hence I met up with Cher Hao and we almost went mad and collapsed from exhaustion lah.


Proof of us going mad = retarded us.....
Now.. he's the worse of the two....

We had lunch at Just Greens vegetarian restaurant, situated at Chinatown. The food was good, excluding the diluted Longan with Almond Jelly dessert. Almond jelly no taste, longans so small and not juicy, the syrup is cold water. Not nice.

We had bought a lil Mango cake for Mad as her birthday cake, and left it with the restaurant staff as we were eating lunch. After 2 hours there, we left the restaurant w/o the cake or eating it either. What a joke. 

We only realised it when we started to talk about the pressie's payment. LOL! Worse still, it was Mad, the birthday girl, who found out that she din have her birthday cake in her stomach lah! So paiseh can.....

We did contemplate going back to the restaurant to retrieve the cake, but it was too far and too much of a hassle. Moreover we were already inside the NEL station, so we gave it a pass and decided the birthday cake should give to the restaurant staff. I think the cake is vegetarian lah. No worries.

We decided to have 2nd round of dessert, this time at Plaza Singapura Swensens, and we had Giant Earthquake!! Can you feel the earth beneath you shaking right now??? HAHAHA~ just joking, I'm abit high now. 

It was a mess when it arrived, much thanks to the whipped cream. We had Cookies N' Cream, Mango, Coffee, Ol' Fashioned Vanilla, Chocolate Peanut Buttercup, Butterscotch, Banana Spilt and Hazelnut! It was so cold and good that we forgot to take a pic, until after we have left a watery mess in the big ice-cream bowl ;p Talk about hungry kids.

We caught Ironman soon after, not forgetting popcorns and nachos! Wheeeeee~ We sure had a feast that day! We played till we literally dropped. Ironman was a rather witty show, 3 outta 5 stars!

Oh wells, the pics are still with Alvin, which I doubt I'll get any chance to post it up here anytime soon. So let's see how long he'll take lah. Right anot, Alvin? All in all, Mad never got to eat her birthday cake in the end, and we still owe her a pressie =\ We are such horrible friends, I know.

Sunday was the start of my new module, Engineering Economics and Finance (EFF). Bascially what I've learnt so far is just secondary school accounting lah. Not too bad.... yet =X

This is the cute textbook cover, on accounting for NON-Accountants. More like, Maths for K1 Kids lah.


I slept thru' the morning lecture as I was still tired out from Mad's birthday the previous day. Din get to sleep much either lor. Every1 in class was pleasantly surprised to see me sleeping like a pig lah, bcos Julia never does that in class one. 

I know, I have surprised people with the weirdest stuff sometimes. That's Julia for you, just in case you din know ;p

As a result of going for the Sunday lecture, I missed out on Uncle Melvin's lunch treat for the sound and video crew in Region 5/6. Thank God I din manage to turn up, bcos initially they suggested seafood, but changed to Swensens then changed to fastfood. Heehee~

Much for me and Nicholas' hard work during evening service video duty, Uncle Melvin decided to bring us (me, Nic, Sis and Amos) to Changi Village for a sumptuous dinner! Oh, that's when I heard that the hawker centre there actually sells goreng chempada* (fried jackfruit)! Oh my, I love that, much thanks to the intro by Shawn aka Humpty Dumpty @ Kingsmen.

Uncle Melvin was nice enough to rush to the nearest stall to buy for me goreng chempada, but sadly, they have sold them out! Boo hoo~ I'll be back the next time round!

We ended up ordering bbq stingray, fried hokkien mee, lotsa satay, fried oyster and a big cup of sugarcane juice! WOW! We were drooling at the sight of all the food lah! We literally grabbed whatever we could, we were hungry lil pigs!
Yes, my sis was grinning excitedly at the sight of all the food. Nic has already started action lah!

The lil pigs, Nic and Sis
That's my lovely pair of wooden chopsticks stuck in my mouth while snapping away. Got the hokkien mee taste mah!

LOL! We sure did had lotsa fun crapping non stop in the van. Eh nope, I think I was the biggest clown of the lot, making lotsa noise at the back of the van, singing and all. 

Oh wells. Life is like a pressure cooker, let yourself loose whenever you can ;p Dun go acting like a civilised and disgusted person when you see people acting all loony and retarded. You have your retarded days too hor.

This week has been a crazy week of EFF lectures and I'm mentally drained out. I even started my 1st driving practical lesson! Yes, I am finally learning how to drive. So I've learnt, eh gear 1 and 2 and left turn. I keep forgetting how to coordinate well with the clutch and love to over-accelerate on the gas pedal ;p The "vroom" sound is absolutely lovely to hear lah.

I paid good money ($39/session) to step on that bloody pedal ok?! Price hike, thanks to the rising oil prices lah, so as what the instructor mentioned. I was rather peeved that he din inform me of his "new price", until after the entire lesson. Sad. Previously $36/session mah, market rate leh. I feel so cheated lah. I looked like a total idiot when I heard the "new price". Booooooo!

Anyway, an interesting pair of slippers I saw yesterday after class, in the train.


This dude's slippers has no other toe grip other than the one in between his big toe and index toe. I was just wondering how was he gonna walk or run, given that it look rather loose, uncomfortable and insecure. 

Next thing I saw, he alighted from the train. Just as predicted, he was really having difficulty walking and preventing his precious "unique" slippers from dropping into the train gap. LOL! What an hassle lah. Poor silly dude.

Ok, time to go bcos I've blogged my dues already. Savour on it ya ;p Ciaos guys!

No comments: