So, Chen Chuan invited me and Amos to Calvary Assembly of God (CAG), for a play called "Tunnel". We din think much about it and only agreed to go watch it bcos Chen Chuan was in the crew.
Synopsis of the play "Tunnel" (click the pic to read it better ;p)
Surprisingly, the play came out to be quite a good and impressive show! The songs, composed by Pastor Daphne, had a tinge of humor and wit yet sadness in them, as the cast sang along during the respective scenes.
The main outline of the play was that, with God we can see light even in the midst of our problems, we can get out of those tunnels of our lives.
The scenes and script were well-produced and we all gave the play two thumbs-up! It is that good to us lah ;p
Chen Chuan did a good job playing as one of those important extras - a NS boy, a demon and a hip-hop dancer. LOL! -pats on CC's back-
He was mentioning that for that NS boy role, he had to sacrifice his long hair as the army helmet could not contain his thick mane. Now he's stuck with that kuku hairstyle for quite some time =D hahaha!

Chen Chuan, Amos and me


Group pic, with all his friends!
This song, Hold My Faith Strong, sung and composed by Pastor Daphne of CAG. She wrote this song in '07 when she was so weary of life's storms and was calling out to God in desperation. Very good and God-inspired song.
Front view
Back view
This is what I got from Auntie Julia, as part of VFC Nursery Ministry. We each have a blue apron =\ Hmm frankly, I dun really like the idea of looking like a maid and wearing this weird-looking apron, but Auntie Julia was nice enough to make these as she din want us to dirty our nice clothes while on duty.
You know babies, love to drool and dirty our arms, shoulders, clothes and all. Sighs. Which again, explains the presence of this apron. The saving grace is, someone blessed us with a Winnie the Pooh series of sew-on patches for us to beautify the aprons lor.

I went over to Cher Hao's church last Sunday, Ang Mo Kio Methodist Church (AMKMC). I was introduced to a big handful of people and I was really trying my best to remember all their names. I wrote all down and I doubt I forgot any lah. Hahaha!
They are a fun bunch and very easy-going people. We had Sakae Sushi for lunch together at Thomson Plaza and we were all having fun teasing each other. It feels different to be a visitor of another church and you get to experience the hospitality shown by the church. The follow-up of me being a "newcomer" was rather quick too, rather surprised. Haha!
Darren has finally turned 32 and we had a lil dinner celebration for him at Changi Airport T3 Harry's Bar.

People present: Darren (of course!), Joan, Amos, Danielle, Esther and me (:
The food is rather affordable, actually cheaper than NYDC or Swensens. The serving is alright, but the service can be better. We tried two cocktails there, Mai Tai and Mountain Breeze (a Harry's concoction). Not bad, I like my Mai Tai more though :D
Of course, what's dinner without a beautiful sunset at the airport runway, and we at the viewing gallery munching away our yummy dinner....
Joan did a lil blog entry on Darren's birthday too =) Hahaha! I just kope* (stole) her pics lor ;p
Speaking of sunsets, I saw a rather pleasant orange-y cloudy sunset at Tampines Interchange, few days back. Very nice.
This is taken yesterday at school, while eating my dinner at the pantry there. Look more ordinary though.
Oh, remember that entry I was writing on, about me mugging for my EM paper at T2 Starbucks?
Lo and behold, this same inconsiderate "Starbuckers" resident couple is still around, as always, hogging onto the red sofa!! I reckon the sofa got their smell liao lah! Eeeeeeeks! Even the staff mentioned that they have been there for close for a year!! What nonsense is this???!!!
No home to go back to meh? Changi Airport is not your home leh, you din pay rental nor taxes to live in the airport. If you wanna stay close to the airport, go book a room at the newly-built Crown Royale Hotel opposite T3 lah!
Anyway, I just finished my 3rd driving lesson and I've been making stupid mistakes on the road yesterday. A very good example is, engine stall just right smack at the cross-junction. Darn! You should hear my rap, full of the same word "SHIT" as I restart the engine. Sighs.
I think I got the reckless driver blood in me. I dun like looking at blind spots. I just step on the accelerator pedal and just vroom on the road even though the instructor clearly articulated the words in Chinese, "慢多一点!"* (go slow somemore). I make sharp turns right after I signal (for the sake of signalling) to change lanes. Now I understand why taxi drivers dun like to signal already, its a big chore altogether lah!
I have started to feel the jitters for my driving practical test in August already, dunno can pass anot, judging by my current driving standard. -shake head in disbelief- oh wells, just wanna get this driving stuff done and over asap lah.
It's a warm Saturday afternoon once again and there is a big crowd of birds at the opposite block, making a whole hella a noise there. Illegal gathering lah! Okok, I'm getting bored and hungry, I better stop typing else it'll be a whole list of food cravings liao. Heehee!


No comments:
Post a Comment