It's been ages since I last went to town, bcos whenever I go there I dun feel like it's nice to hang around there anyway. I was let down once again last weekend, it was boring.
However I din realise that Ion Orchard was already up, and lotsa luxury brands graced the entrance of the ionic mall. I wonder if the shops in there are just more outlets from Charles & Keith, New Urban Male, Thai Express etc. Boring, I say. Likewise for the other new mall at Somerset MRT, called Orchard Central.
The residental building behind is still in construction. WOW! It's sure to be looking darn fine lah. That's my last consolation.
Anyway the main point is that, last Saturday, the whole family went to Orchard for dinner. It was in lieu of my graduation 2 months back. We went to Traders Hotel for a seafood buffet dinner, $50++! It was at CafeBiz.
I read lotsa food reviews online, and all were raving about the goodness of it, so I had to try it to believe it. I din take much pics as my fingers were dirty with crab and it wasn't worth the snaps anyway. Ha!
We ate for 2 hours only, and the variety was limited. The food was not very fresh, as my brother commented. The service was alright, but could have been better given that it is a 5* hotel.
Not worth the $50++, but after including the credit card promotion of 3-for-2, it was about $44 per pax. Still not worth the trouble we went thru just to travel to that hotel and the mess of the last-minute planning. Not forgetting, I made a reservation the previous day and guess what, when we arrived at the cafe, the tables were not prepared yet!
Please dun bother going there for a classy buffet meal. I rather go Fullerton if not for no credit card promotions there.
Youth rally was Retro-themed on Sunday, and the region 6 people really did made the effort to dress up! Kudos to Shuyin, Liyin, Audrey and Tim! Haha!
This staircase layout pic is so cool lah. The bright colours of the big group of retro models, as they hungrily munched on their Subway sandwiches, after a big photoshoot!
Oh, I finally did a new pair of spectacles for myself. A red half-rimmed type. I look weird bcos my eyes seem to be slightly cut off by the top rim. Hmmm....
Went to watch Ice Age 3 with Cher Hao yesterday, in 3D format. It was alright, would have watched it on normal screen as the 3D effects wasn't that fantastic as expected.
Off to caregroup, for now =\ SIAN!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment